[Freemint-list] Network regression with Aranym in last 1.19 new school builds

Philippe Noble philippe.noble at gmail.com
Mon May 29 05:37:04 MSD 2017

>> With autosort, ensure that NVDI.PRG is started after Mint
>>
> This is not related to this bug but you should do it the other way around
> -- NVDI.PRG must be before MINT.PRG

For a pure NVDI/VDI config, you're right, NVDI is always started before
Mint, but  for a mix NVDI/FVDI setup that's the only way to use Fvdi
together with NVDI. You have to start NVDI.PRG in auto folder after Mint,
and FVDI in mint.cnf. But that's not the related to my issue anyway.

Copy from /Aranym directory : nfeth.xif

> I think this is a strong candidate for the bug -- you don't need to do
> this and if you really really want, *move* it else nfeth will be loaded
> twice (or will at least attempt to do so).

This is it. I hadn't understood that mint was going to load automatically
the specific xfs, xdd and xif from the machin specific folder and was still
thinking the old way where all xfs, xdd and xif had to stay in the same
mint base directory. Network is working ok now that I have left Aranym
drivers into Aranym directory.

Thanks,

Philippe.noble at gmail.com
www.philippeworld.net