[Freemint-list] PPA for Ubuntu cross-tools

Vincent Rivière vincent.riviere at freesbee.fr
Sun Jun 11 20:26:11 MSD 2017

On 11/06/2017 at 01:42, Miro Kropáček wrote:
> Thanks for that push, I've updated all freemint build scripts. Now
> everything will work automatically, I don't need to update anything when
> Travis CI switches to a later Ubuntu distro.

FYI, in Travis CI scripts, it was possible to replace the hardcoded "trusty"
with "$(lsb_release -cs)". I did that in the previous EmuTOS script:
https://github.com/emutos/emutos/blob/23c73a23688991a94f41aeeadd67800b65318b75/.travis/register_apt_repositories.sh

But this is now useless, anyway.

>   * The fact that 95% of all scripting content is downloaded from
>     https://github.com/freemint/travis-pr made this change trivial -- just
>     changed one file (install-cross-mint.sh) and that was it

Hehe, that's the benefit of factorization.

>   * Trouble was that I wanted to make this file (install-cross-mint.sh)
>     universal so I specified one parameter as a distro name; so in the end I
>     had to update every repository anyway, just removing that one single
>     word "trusty" when calling that script ;)

If this issue was still current, you could have	solved it easily:
- Keep your universal script with distribution as parameter
- Create a second script which calls the previous one with the hardcoded
parameter. And use this one everywhere.

But there is no more need for that, anyway.

--
Vincent Rivière