[Freemint-list] FreeMiNT for 21st century

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 02:09:36 MSD 2017

On 12 June 2017 at 22:53, Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere at freesbee.fr>
wrote:

> On 12/01/2017 à 13:28, Miro Kropáček wrote:
> > I'd like to show you a small project of mine, inspired by one of the
> > CosmosEx's / m68k-atari-mint-build's contributors, Thomas Bernard,
> > who came up with an infectious idea to make the builds tested by
> > Travis CI.
>
> Really, using Travis CI for Atari stuff was a killer idea!
> I didn't know that such services were available for free. Travis CI is
> really simple and nice, I would recommend it for anything.

So true. As soon as one sees how amazingly efficient the whole thing is,
it's hard to go back.

As far as I understand, the only free competitor may be Shippable. I
> didn't try it, though.
> http://www.shippable.com/

Oh no, there's far more:
https://github.com/ligurio/Continuous-Integration-services/blob/master/continuous-integration-services-list.md
but the conditions vary. Travis CI is definitely most popular.

I'm really stunned that services like Travis CI provide a free server
> farm to run our own scripts and programs, on every push to GitHub.

IMO it's a clever business model. You like to do hobby programming stuff in
your spare time, you explore all the cool features and when your boss asks
you how to improve your code deployment practices, what do you recommend?
Something you know so well. :-)

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org