[Freemint-list] Bug in Vincent's bash 4.3.27

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 04:56:07 MSD 2017

> I wonder what is the real problem...
> Typically similar issue can happen if the Makefile uses CR/LF instead of
> LF.

That would be really surprising to find in one of the core packages of the
GNU movement. ;)

- or bash cross-compilation is bad, while native compilation is good

Yes, this is the case. My cross-compiled bash showed same symptoms.

I'm not sure what those config.cache settings actually changed, but that
> can't be bad.
>
> This new bash 4.4.12 works perfectly for me, I hope it will also work for
> you.

And it does!

Look at your list of overridden values:

ac_cv_func_chown_works=yes
ac_cv_func_strcoll_works=yes
ac_cv_func_working_mktime=yes
bash_cv_func_sigsetjmp=present
bash_cv_getcwd_malloc=yes
bash_cv_job_control_missing=present
bash_cv_sys_named_pipes=present
bash_cv_sys_siglist=yes
bash_cv_under_sys_siglist=yes
bash_cv_unusable_rtsigs=no
bash_cv_wcontinued_broken=yes
bash_cv_wexitstatus_offset=8
gt_cv_int_divbyzero_sigfpe=yes

I don't dare even to guess which one is the culprit. :-) If anyone feels
curious enough to investigate, download
https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/m4/m4-1.4.18.tar.gz, ./configure && make (don't do
it on Aranym JIT -- there's some strange runtime test which measures time
or what) and see how 'make' fails on older bash 4.3.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org