[Freemint-list] Debug informations

Miro Kropáček miro.kropacek at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 02:01:04 MSD 2017

Hi,

I have a questions, can someone tell me how I can enable the
> debuginformations in the kernel Sourcecode ?

This is done via the '-DDEBUG_INFO' flag in sys/KERNELDEFS file. So add
this definition to your kernel's KERNELDEFS line, make clean && make. And
don't forget to increase the debug level in the boot menu. That's it.

> Normaly it should be enough to activate it only in the part I am working
> on.

This is actually an interesting note -- why do we need to have a debug
kernel for this? To prevent ill behaving kernel modules to flood the user
with debug outputs? Isn't this solved by the debug level already?

> But when I do that the kernel stops after loading the kernel model.

This shouldn't happen. What module we're talking about? When I take, say,
DEV_DEBUG'ed xconout2.xdd + normal kernel, it just doesn't print any debug
messages but works all right.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org