[Freemint-list] When cross compiling native gcc, 'include-fixed' contains stuff from /usr

Thorsten Otto admin at tho-otto.de
Sun Sep 24 16:55:02 MSD 2017

On Sonntag, 24. September 2017 09:53:40 CEST Vincent Rivière wrote:

>- I'm pretty sure that fixincludes is not used at all on Linux.

Hard to tell. The default compiler usually comes from some binary package of
the distribution, and that usually includes lots of patches to the upstream
sources.

> While on Linux, GCC is the only compiler, and by design the headers in
> /usr/include are already compatible with GCC.

Not necessarily for include headers from other packages, and especially not
when you try to compile a newer version of GCC. With new standards, GCC might
consider certain constructs to be invalid that where accepted before.