Further adventures with ash and csh in mintland.

Well, after downloading the full distribution of mintlib from atari.archive
using my 2400 baud modem and a large phone bill and recompiling both ash and
tcsh the result is:-

	Recursive Bus Error 1	Tcsh and Ash 0

Ash recursively bus errors as soon as a command is entered, Tcsh waits until
an external command is entered before recursively bus erroring.

It's not the directory access as the command "echo *" will work under tcsh.
The first bus error calls the signal handler, the program attempts to
Pterm() which causes a further bus error which causes another, ad infinitum.

Both programs work fine if memory protection is not enabled.

I've also noticed that if MiNT is left it cannot be restarted as it screws
up the memory allocation somewhere, also if a memory protection version of
MiNT is quit it leaves the PMMU in a strange state which causes the desktop
to bomb with two bombs!

To remind you, my system is:-

	TT030, standard Atari 8MB configuration (now with a possibly ailing
			SCC chip). I've never been able to get Spectre GCR
			to work on this machine with or without the GCR
			modification.

	Third Coast Technologies 84MB HD (ICD adaptor + Seagate ST274N(?))

Problem is exhibited on a "clean" machine running either AHDI 5.XX or ICD
disk utils 5.XX.

Steve

Computer Systems Administrator, Dept. of Earth Sciences, Oxford University.
E-Mail: steve@uk.ac.ox.earth. Tel: Oxford (0865) 282110.