my situation

Hi all...

Just wanted to fill all of you in on my current situation before
people started getting anxious about the mint libraries at patchlevel
27.

My system has been acting really flakey...problems with accessing the
hard disk, spontaneous reboots, strange crashes, and so on.

I think my DMA cable running to my Megafile is at fault.  The
insulation is pulled out about 1/2 cm from the connector.

My disk could also use a good cleanup; the bad block table on my
second partition is unreadable by AHDI.

I've started a full backup (my last one is about 3 months out of
date).  I'm awaiting a new 88 meg removable unit from Toad, which
should arrive in a few days.

When the new unit arrives I will be reformatting my Megafile with the
ICD utilities, which should hopefully clear up the problem with the
bad block table.

I'll then use the new DMA cable to run my Megafile, which should
hopefully clear up most of my problems.  If it does, I'll just order
another DMA cable so I can use both drives.

The upshot of all this is that it'll be another week or two before I
start working on the MiNT libraries again.  Sorry about the delay.
I'll let you know as things progress.

Patchlevel 27 is likely to be a full distribution, but will probably
be another "internal" version as I don't think I'm going to get the
Pure C / Sozobon stuff right the first time, since I've had to change
a lot of the stuff that was sent to me to keep GCC from choking on it.

The Lattice C version of the library is likely to be broken until
someone volunteers to maintain it.

That's all for now,
entropy