Re: call for discussion: Standard paths for MiNT

The first major decision is whether to go the BSD or the SYSV way.

The SYSV solution seems to have been promoted a few times now. Let me
just add that it may be worth to keep an eye how LINUX is doeing
things. Among other things, there will be a port to 68k machines at
some point, so beong compatible with that may be worth something.

Not that I know what LINUX does.

Later we need to decide where put other stuff. Everything not covered
by the standard should probably go into /usr/local, but since we are
goeing the gnu way, what about a program like gzip? And if emacs is
goeing to be the standard editor, should it still reside in
/usr/local? There are a zillion question like these.

Christian Lynbech               | Hit the philistines three times over the
office: R0.33 (phone: 3217)	| head with the Elisp reference manual.
email: lynbech@daimi.aau.dk	|        - petonic@hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)