Re: MiNT goes UNiX, invitation for mailing list

>  Additional remark: Or do you think we should run this discussion over
> this list?

Yes, absolutely. I don't see a reason why we should split the MiNT
development efforts by creating a new mailing list.

If you should decide to open the described mailing list, please
register me for it, but I think discussing it here would also be
very appropriate.

Re the "UNIX" issues that you mentioned:

- Memory protection violations: These are not exactly "UNIX-type"
  problems, but just bugs in the software. Of course, they should
  be fixed, but given the state of most software development for
  the Atari (most of the software is no longer maintained), we may
  have to live with such software for quite some time.

  Because of serious memory protection problems, I'm still working
  with MiNT's memory protection switched off. I'd love to change
  that, but some of my important software packages would crash.

- Path problems: We should try to "emulate" the UNIX V.4 path
  structure on drive U:. Installation programs and other software
  could then rely on this structure. Isn't there a POSIX or
  other standard for the path structure?

Claus Brod, MDD, HP Boeblingen      Magic is real unless declared integer.