Re: LINUX Filesystem standards

> [ Linux Filesystem Structure ]

They've done the work for us..  I think we should use this document as a
very good starting point.

All that's left to do for us is to find any MiNT specifics and integrate
them into this structure.

So I would suggest:

o /usr/src/linux becomes /usr/src/mint

o /boot points to the MiNT boot directory (which has to reside on a Tosfs
  partition, currently); this includes mint.cnf and minix.xfs

o I still like the /usr/kits + /var/kits idea..  What about
  /usr/kits/multitos?

One more question:  Can GEM programs be integrated in the structure?
Perhaps /usr/gem/<kit> or /usr/kits/<kit> something?

What I also like about this draft is that it doesn't prescribe whether
/sbin/rc.* or /sbin/rc?.d/* is the standard.  :-)

Michael
--
Internet: hohmuth@freia.inf.tu-dresden.de