Software for MiNX (I'd like this name...)

Hello all...

In this mail, I want to introduce the things I set up
at home in the last days - inspirated by the discussion
here in the mint list.

I tried to find a path structure that can be accepted
by everyone, but, of course, it's just a suggestion.

I have 3 Minix partitions: /e (root filesystem)
			   /g (var subdirectory)
			   /h (home subdirectory)

Here's my root directory:
/e:
total 11
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     wheel        2560 Jan 17 23:10 bin
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     wheel         672 Jan 18 18:10 etc
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     wheel          10 Jan 15 01:24 home -> u:/h/home
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     wheel         192 Jan 17 21:22 lost+found
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     wheel         384 Jan 17 23:38 sbin
drwxrwxrwt   2 root     wheel         192 Jan 18 16:54 tmp
drwxr-xr-x   8 root     wheel         384 Jan 15 01:22 usr
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     wheel           9 Jan 18 00:48 var -> u:/g/var

In /usr, you find:
/e/usr:
total 15
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     wheel        2688 Jan 18 15:46 bin
drwxr-xr-x   3 root     wheel        2592 Jan 17 21:52 include
drwxr-xr-x   6 root     wheel        1216 Jan 18 01:46 lib
drwxr-xr-x   4 root     wheel         384 Jan 15 17:05 local
drwxr-xr-x  18 root     wheel         576 Jan 17 02:52 man
drwxr-xr-x   2 root     wheel          64 Jan 15 01:14 sbin
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     wheel          13 Jan 15 01:20 spool -> ../var/spool
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     wheel          11 Jan 15 01:21 tmp -> ../var/tmp
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     wheel           4 Jan 15 01:22 ucb -> bin
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     wheel           7 Jan 15 01:19 var -> ../var

And in /var, you find the subdirectories adm
					 log
					 spool/cron
					       mail
					       news
					 tmp

Ok, so far, so good. (or bad?)

Now I'd like to begin a new discussion about the software
that we should install in each directory (much more
interesting in my opinion!)

Here's my /bin:
[         csplit    expand    logname   printenv  su        uniq
agrep     cut       expr      ls        printf    sum       vdir
awk       date      false     make      ps        tac       wc
basename  dd        fold      mkdir     pwd       tail      who
cat       df        grep      mv        rm        tee       whoami
chgrp     dir       groups    nice      rmdir     test      yes
chmod     dirname   head      nl        sed       touch
chown     du        id        od        sh        tr
cksum     echo      join      passwd    sleep     true
cmp       ed        limit     paste     sort      tty
comm      egrep     ln        pathchk   split     uname
cp        env       login     pr        strings   unexpand

And here my /usr/bin:
Pnews         fiz           last          patch         top
Rnmail        frm           ld            printstk      trn
apropos       gcc           less          r             troff
ar            gcc-ar.ttp    less.hlp      sb            unshar
arc           gcc-as.ttp    lesskey       sdiff         uudecode
as            gcc-cc1.ttp   lharc         sendlog       uuencode
bg            gcc-cpp.ttp   lpr           size          vi
c             gcc-ld.ttp    man           size68        whatis
catman        gcc-nm.ttp    mem           strip         write
cc            gcc-size.ttp  mintvers      stty          xkey
cnm           groff         more          sx            xstrip
cpp           grotty        mthreads      sym-ld        yacc
diff          gs            newsetup      sz            zoo
diff3         gtar          newsgroups    tar           zsh
elm           gunzip        nfrm          tcsh
finger        gzip          nm            termsize
fixstk        install       nroff         toglclr

I think it's a good idea to have both /bin and /usr/bin because
  -  MinixFS becomes too slow if you have to much files in one
     Directory,
  -  it's easier to keep the overview. :-)

/sbin:
ac       getty    init     minit    syslogd
fsck     halt     mfsconf

/etc:
gettytab      organization  rc.local      termcap       zshenv
group         passwd        rc.single     ttytab        zshrc
host          rc            syslog.conf   utmp
motd          rc.boot       syslog.pid    zlogin

For those of you who are interested in getting all the
stuff mentioned in this mail, I arranged a subdirectory `atari'
on our ftp server `pfsparc02.phil15.uni-sb.de' (134.96.82.13).

There is an ASCII file, produced by `ls -lR' and an archive
containing all the stuff.

Please tell me which files you are missing!
The directory is world-writeable, so you could upload the
missing pieces...

Benni

--
Benjamin Lorenz, Brunnenweg 33, 66133 Saarbruecken
E-mail: belo@stud.uni-sb.de, Phone: +49 681 815702