Re: Path length in GEM file selector

Hi !

> there is a little problem with the path length in GEM programs if
> you use the normal length of 128 Bytes, this is quite small for
> Minix FSs etc. Should we set path length to 1024 like BSD does?
> Any suggestions or comments?

Well, at the moment, MiNT supports only up to 128 chars in a pathname,
so the minifx cannot change anything on that. Longer pathnames would
be nice, but they take more memory, and usualy have longer directory
chains, so parsing will take longer. There should better be a cookie
cache first.

Just my DM 0.02 :-)

Ulrich
--
| Ulrich Kuehn  | Internet:                  | Life is uncertain --  |