Re: stty 0; stty 19200 on modem1, 1 patch...

Theirry writes:

> It works quite well for my needs, and interfaces easily with init.  It
> offers two devices (/dev/ttyb for dial-in, /dev/cua0 for dial-out)
> mutually exclusive, with the usual semantics (I think) and able to raise
> SIGHUP and SIGINT when appropriate.  The main problem is that it loses
> characters at high speeds (19200bps) on my poor Atari ST; but I cannot
> determine where the problem really lies.  It would be interesting if
> someone else had tried this driver, and could tell more about this.

I used your modm0dev (great, thanks for it!) for porting term 1.08
to Mint+MintNet (is at a.a), because select() does not work on modem1.
My Atari is an 16 Mhz one (Mega St + HBS 240) and I have the same problem,
ie loosing characters at 19200, though not very often, only at
havy loaded X-Sessions over a zero-modem and when tuploading long files.

16 Mhz should really be fast enough for 19200, but may be Mint's task
switching prevents correct handling of *all* interrupts.

Solutions welcome,

Kay Roemer.