Re: MiNT goes UNiX, invitation for mailing list (MINTOS)

> In fact one could reverse my original suggestion and write something like
>
>  #if defined(atari) && defined(TOSFS)

Today I looked at a few socalled ports, and noticed that the atari switch
was mainly used to:

1. compromise to the GNUlib
   most of this code is not necessary with the MiNTlib, I guess ;-)

2. compromise to the Gemdos filesystem limitations
   not necessary for the minix fs, and theoretically there could be a
   gemdos.xfs to overcome the gemdos fs limitations

3. adjust to the conventions of a Gemdos system, for example:
   - use comma/semicolumn as a seperator in environment vars, rather than
     the Unix-style column
   - messing around with drive specifiers and paths

4. introduce dirty hacks for speed improvement
   no comment!

Which leads me to the conclusion that it is best to stay away from the
atari switch all together, and introduce a new switch (say atari_mint, but
I'm sure a better name can be found :-) ) for changes to the source code
that are really necessary.

Regards,
           Waldi  (walra%moacs11@nl.net)