Re: call for discussion: Standard paths for MiNT

> Later we need to decide where put other stuff. Everything not covered
> by the standard should probably go into /usr/local, but since we are
> goeing the gnu way, what about a program like gzip? And if emacs is
> goeing to be the standard editor, should it still reside in
> /usr/local? There are a zillion question like these.

Since we haven't got any vendor supllied executables, following the Unix
conventions will lead to an empty /bin, /usr/bin, /usr/ucb, etc. Maybe
it's best to handle the FSF GNU replacements as the 'originals', after all
that is what the FSF intended them to be.

Regards,
           Waldi