Real TIOCSETP

>From: Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.north.de>
>Nicholas S Castellano writes:
>> tty.c, file.h, xbios.c: ++entropy@terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu
>> 	Add a real TIOCSETP (differs from TIOCSETN in that it waits for
>> 	the output buffer to be empty if the device supports TIOCOUTQ.)
>> 	Remove a kludge in rsconf() which is not needed if a real TIOCSETP
>> 	exists.
>
> problem:  with this patch old programs can hang in TIOCSETN because
>then they really get TIOCSETP...  and you usually only set an alarm for
>TIOCSETP not TIOCSETN.

Well if you think it's important, maybe the definitions in file.h
should be swapped, such that any old program will get TIOCSETN and you
can recompile stuff to get the new TIOCSETP...

I recompile stuff all the time, so I don't usually notice stuff like
this :-)

Cheers,
entropy

Personal mail:      entropy@gnu.ai.mit.edu