Re: little-endian

What you wrote:

> > Has anyone encountered a segmentation fault in asmtrans.ttp while
> > cross-compiling MiNT 1.10?  I _suspect_ it's because my host is
>
> I've encountered segmentation faults in executables and such many times.
> Generally, a program crashes because it expects a command line and I don't
> give it one, and the shell reports a segmentation fault.  This is obviously
> an error - most likely an error with the way the shell reports errors.  I
> believe I was using SH.

I was using bash, and asmtrans was being called from the Makefile, with
arguments.

> No 68K machine should have segmentation faults!  Doesn't matter where the
> executable was compiled.  Code is code.

asmtrans.ttp was crashing on my UNIX host; I set the cross-compiler and
everything up to use the native GCC on the host to create asmtrans.ttp
_for_the_host_ so I wouldn't have to munge the Makefile any more and I
wouldn't have to go to my ST to finish up the MiNT build.

Sorry for the confusion; I only thought of that this morning.  asmtrans.ttp
was named like an Atari executable, but it was an Intel SysV executable,
and I was running on the Intel SysV box that I do my cross-compiling on.

--
Chris Herborth                    \`o.0'       herborth@53iss6.Waterloo.NCR.COM