Re: another 1.10 job control bug?

In <199403042253.RAA07033@terminator.rs.itd.umich.edu> you wrote :

>My only problem with it as a permanent solution is that a process
>hanging around in the foregroung process group could prevent the
>controlling tty from ever being released, causing the
>you-only-get-one-login-per-device problem again.  One way this could
>happen is if an asynchronous process is spawned from a
>non-job-control-aware shell (e.g. one that knows nothing about process
>groups).  I guess this isn't a big enough problem to be concerned
>about at the moment, unless there are other ways this could happen.

Hmm, and it shouldn't be a problem anyway - when DCD drops/the TCP link is
closed/or any other 'true' logout action occurs, init should terminate
all processes that claim to have that line as a controlling tty.

>entropy

mike smith : silicon grease monkey  | If you think it can't be done, |
miff@asharak.apana.org.au           | it means you don't have enough |
miff@apanix.apana.org.au            | money in your budget.          |