Re: load average patches for MiNT 1.10 + patches

>> hmm.  i haven't tried but i would suggest just using the 200 Hz timer
>>counter (_hz_200) and doing calculations elsewhere...  because the 200 Hz
>>interrupt runs at level 6 and the longer you run at levels >= 5 (6) the
>>easier you lose characters on serial ports. (receiver overrun...)
>
>The calculations are only done once per second, so the impact on the system
>is minimal. The calculations themselves are merely a few adds, subtracts and
>divides, all integer arithmetic, so not particularly slow to do.

I say use the VBL routine to check your timer, but check the 200 Hz
timer from in their. That way your one second timer will be accurate to
either 1/50, 1/60, 1/70 second. This will cut down on system overhead,
which is in my opion becoming too much for 8 MHz 68000s.

Bye now,

  Darryl

| email through the InterNet to :-   drpiper@cix.compulink.co.uk |