Re: user-written interrupt handlers

In <Up-ECJXFIUW@asharak.apana.org.au>, Mike Smith wrote:

> In <9403091128.AA17668@pirol.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de> you wrote :

> >And what about the falcon? Have only heard it doesn't
> >use a MFP for serial communication. Don't know what it uses.
>
> AFAIK (from the schematics 8) there is an MFP in there, but the serial lines
> don't go anywhere (which is a pain, there are some free drivers in there too
> 8( )
>
> The falcon serial interface is run on an SCC - I can't tell whether this
> is arranged as with the SCC in the TT.

It's somewhere between MegaSTe and TT. The clock sources and frequencies
are the same as for the MegaSTe, the DMA chip supports SCC channel A as in
the TT.

> > Looks like there'll never be a kernel with new device drivers, because
> >you would have to write three of them for all existing hardware... :-(

A driver for SCC channel A using DMA would be almost the same for TT and
Falcon. For channel B one driver will do for Falcon, MegaSTe and TT.

Regards,
           Waldi  (walra%moacs11@nl.net)