Just a couple of things.

Firstly, I downloaded and installed MiNT-net 0.3 last night. I am impressed!

I'm now working on integrating rc.net into the standard rc files for the
next release of MiNTOS, whenever that may be! :-)

Also, now I have addroottimeout() in my kernel I'll have a go at modifying
my uptime/load average code to use this.

Secondly, I've been thinking about the practicality of writing a ACSI/SCSI
loadable device driver. Could someone tell me if device drivers can be
called from within other device drivers in a layered manner?

The way I thought of implementing the ACSI/SCSI device was as follows:-

	+-------------++-------------++--------------++---------------+
        | Disk Driver || Tape Driver || CDROM driver || SCSI Ethernet |
	+-------------++-------------++--------------++---------------+
        |              Standard SCSI device API layer                 |
        +-----------------++--------------------++--------------------+
        |   ACSI Driver   ||   TT SCSI Driver   ||   Falcon Driver    |
        +-----------------++--------------------++--------------------+

Filesystems would layer above this model. As the Falcon SCSI and TT SCSI are
mutually exclusive they could use the same virtual device numbers. Devices
would be numbered in the same way as Atari does, ie. ACSI are 0-7 and SCSI
are 8-15.

To do this I'll need to get information on the following:-

(a) SCSI commands
(b) TT SCSI chip programming
(c) Falcon SCSI hardware addresses and programming

I have all the Atari developers docs except the chip specs volume for the ST
and TT but not the Falcon as I got the docs before this was released.

Steve

Computer Systems Administrator, Dept. of Earth Sciences, Oxford University.
E-Mail: steve@uk.ac.ox.earth (JANET) steve@earth.ox.ac.uk (Internet).
Tel:- Oxford (0865) 282110 (UK) or +44 865 282110 (International).