ramblings

Well, I connected my new 1 gig hard drive to both my TT and Falcon
simultaneously, and much as I expected, it worked. Only problem was I had to
manually force media changes on one system after writing files from the other.
I also didn't try writing from both systems simultaneously, although I was
able to interleave reads (program load, etc.) on one while compiling on the
other.

I did a stab at a DMA shared memory driver a long time ago on MiNT 0.9xx when
I was playing with this on my Mega and STe, but let it fall by the wayside
because it stopped working when I hooked the Falcon up. I guess there was
something about the Falcon's SCSI-2 controller that my ICD AdSCSI cards on the
Mega and STe didn't like, but no such problem exists between the Falcon and the
TT. My question now is, how much interest is there in this to the rest of the
world? I would guess that not too many folks have more than 1 Atari system
set up anyway...

(In my own case, I've had as many as 5 Ataris online at once, and I always
felt it was silly to transfer files by copying them to floppy and moving 'e
around that way...)

Hm... If you were to implement a shared memory device driver for tying together
multiple systems over ACSI/SCSI, what functions/functionality would you want?
I guess it's really a network pipe, not a shared memory, although it could be
considered as such. (Suppose a number of machines, with full swapping
implemented, and a shared swap database. Instant process migration...)