Re: /dev/audio?

 Re: Hi!

> I've just thought of writing a /dev/audio for MiNT. Before I try(!) to do so,
> I'd like to know if there's any need for that, and, if so, what specifications
> will be useful. Or did anybody already did that?

 Nice Idea, but if you want it SUN compatible, you'll have two problems:

1) If you write a routine using the "ordinary" PSG for output, you'll get a
poor quality.

2) If you want to write a routine using STE/TT DMA-Sound, problems will even
be bigger, cause they use different sampling rates and can't handle the
logarithmic compression/expansion.

 Anyway, I would like it! :-)

ciao,
TeSche
--
Torsten Scherer (Schiller, TeSche...)
Faculty of Technology, University of Bielefeld, Germany, Europe, Earth...