Re: MintOS init package...

>Hello fellow MiNTs,
>
>I am thinking of installing the MiNTos init package on my TT, but thought of
>asiking a few questions first. My main concern is what code gets launched in
>the standard auto-folder way, and what gets started from rc/rc.local. Someone
>in c.s.a.st posted that it was possible to start multitos from a console shell
>in a fairly strait foward manner. My qwuestions are:
>
>1. Where/when should I start my nova graphics driver, I assume before control
>passes to "init". probably in my auto folder as it is now.
>
>2. Where/when should speedo be run?
>
>3. Where/when should Outside (virtual memory manager) be run? Again I believe
>this should done before control passes to "init".

All three should be run before MiNT is started, I believe.

Myself, I don't run GEM when I run MiNT, ie. I boot as normal without GEM
and then run MiNT as a TOS process, which then starts init etc. etc. etc.

>Do most people that are using MintOS log into a shell, then only start gem.sys
>when they need? Can you quite gem.sys (AES 4.0) and return to the console?

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that one.

>any help will be appreciated.
>
>cheers,
>scott.

Steve

Computer Systems Administrator, Dept. of Earth Sciences, Oxford University.
E-Mail: steve@uk.ac.ox.earth (JANET) steve@earth.ox.ac.uk (Internet).
Tel:- Oxford (0865) 282110 (UK) or +44 865 282110 (International).