Re: MiNT 1.10 (+various patches) and Minixfs 0.6 pl.10.. Help!!!

 Hi!

> Now I find that I can't compile anything on a Minix partition as I keep on
> getting the following error messages generated by Minixfs:-
>
> pid  64 (cc1):minixfs:Rwabs returned -36 sector 5785 drive D:

 Looks like a nasty side effect of my curproc->in_dos idea to prevent
programs from making direct rwabs calls. Obviously, if minixfs uses the
addroottimeout option, the current program must neither be in a gemdos
operation, nor running with euid=0, which are the conditions for the check.
I've also seen this message, but it looks like minixfs recognizes this and
doesn't regard these sectors as written, in order to try it later again.

 If there's going to be a new domain soon, the check could be replaced by
something different, say, completely dropped as there shouldn't be any legal
bios/xbios calls any more, but for the moment, I fail to know a fix... ;-(

ciao,
TeSche
--
Torsten Scherer (Schiller, TeSche...)
Faculty of Technology, University of Bielefeld, Germany, Europe, Earth...