GEMDOS re-entrancy

Yes, that is it, indeed. But everybody sees the necessity to have such a
TOSFS, but nobody develops it :(

Why not have TOSFS lock the system, but not other drivers?  I could write
such a driver, but I REALLY don't want to.  And I'm busy.  And a bunch
of other good excuses for not doing it :-)

But maybe it is good, that there is still no code around, so we could wait
for the chicago fs and implement it then all-in-one...

Wait for Microsloth?  What for?  Do you think the chicago filesystem is
REALLY that wonderful?   I have the source for the HPFS used by OS/2.  The
code is for Linux, but it should be portable to MiNT.  If anyone wants it,
just lemme know.

That is what I suggested a long time ago, but as far as I know AHDI does
not use it. It just sets it for every access, but never checks it before
doing so :(

Don't we need a new disk driver anyway that won't block the system?  I thought
that once we called AHDI, MiNt would loose control.  Someone said they had
SCSI code.  I'd be in favor of hacking up a new driver.

Well, yes and no. The floppy data transfer is done via DMA, the same DMA
channel as the ACSI HD interface uses. So it will lock out that hard disk
access. But on a TT, there should be a chance that there can be floppy
transfer at the same time as SCSI transfer... provided that there is the
software to support it.

That would be nice.  To be formatting a floppy, saving data to the SCSI
drive, and still be able to do serial IO (Zmodem could save a block and
read in another at once - who needs flow control?).  And you could be
doing a ray-trace too :-)   I guess I'm just dreaming.

So, we replace AHDI with a real SCSI/ACSI driver and implement a new TOSFS.
some other minor hacks (the SCSI device driver should handle
putting processes on the wait queue and such).

Anyone just gonna go for it? Not me :-)