Re: supplementary groups question...

Bart Schuller wrote:

> Yes: please don't change this behaviour, it's supposed to work this way.
> It even has some advantages: you now have a very simple way to restrict
> access to some files for a specific group; make the permissions rwx---r-x
> and everyone in the same group as the file wil be denied access to it.

 Sh*t, looks like SUN-OS also behaves that way... :-(

 Which kind of devil has ridden them to define *that* as official behaviour?

 Looks like it was a good idea to ask, because I would have never assumed
that this shall be correct...

 Now is it correct that this behaviour must be applied to any of the supp.
gids, and thus maybe deny access if any of them matches, but has different
permissions?

ciao,
TeSche
--
Torsten Scherer (Schiller, TeSche...), itschere@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
Faculty of Technology, University of Bielefeld, Germany, Europe, Earth...