Re: supplementary groups question...

[....]
>  Besides that: The current code of denyaccess() says something like:
>
> mode = xattr->mode;
> if (curproc->euid == xattr->uid)
> 	perm = perm << 6;
> else if (curproc->egid == xattr->gid)
> 	perm = perm << 3;
> if ((mode & perm) != perm) return 1;	/* access denied */
> return 0;
>
>  which I think is an error, because if both my euid and egid would match the
> ids of the file, but the uid would give me less access rights than the gid
> for some mysterious reasons, I'll not be granted access to this file. I think
> [....]
>  Any comments about this? :-)

Yes: please don't change this behaviour, it's supposed to work this way.
It even has some advantages: you now have a very simple way to restrict
access to some files for a specific group; make the permissions rwx---r-x
and everyone in the same group as the file wil be denied access to it.

> ciao,
> TeSche

Bart.
--
  /                           Bart Schuller                            \
 /P.B.Schuller@TWI.TUDelft.NL               webmaster@www.twi.tudelft.nl\