minix-fs problems with new h[1234] 1.10 patches.

Hello all,

Some people have written that they were exprencing proplems with
Minix-fsas of late. I want to confrm this. For the past three weeks I
have had nothing but headaches an a bunch of scrambled inodes and bad
zones from Minix-fs .60 PL10, now don't get me wrong it is a great
piece of code. in fact after a long time (3 weeks) and ~100 wacked
files. I managed to get my system stable again.

I should learn that changing to many things at once is bad but about
3 weeks agao when new patch sets started to be generated and
distributed, I put 1.10-h1 and mint-0S, and Net-42 and Minix-fs 0.6
PL10 with the addroottimeout code removed on my system. All hell broke
loose. I was getting bad zones, duplicate inodes, my man pages
suddenly contained files from /usr/bin. etc... [ I also keeped update
to 1.10-h{2,3,4} with eqaully disaterous results!

After systematically testing the new things installed in various
combinations, I found that the problem is triggered by something in
either the h1 or h22 patch to 1.10 that appeared recently.

When I went back to 1.10 + jurgen's large patch + a few small net
patches the file system became stable again (pl9 anf pl10 of minix).
Has anyone expreienced this also?

By the way I have a TT+4+16 with a 1.2 gig Quantum proS drive. Using
ICD 6.x software.

regards,
scott.