Re: Cache buffers for MiNT

Hello!

|>> Most unixes use the currently not used memory as a cache for the
|>> file systems. So, I would like it very much if MiNT would have something
|>> similar, as it would increase the disk performance dramatically.
|>
|>Hmm, I assume the usual configuration of a MiNT machine is 4 MB. If
|>you only run one compiler, you can be happy if you can execute 'ls'.

Well, I am not quite sure about this point. Anyway, if it is not too
much code to implement, it is certainly worth it, as usually not all
the time a compiler is running. :)

|>I think it's worth implementing it, if we have any sort of virtual
|>memory. But until then its more effort than real use. Remember the
|>momory fragmentation problem.

There will be no fragmentation problem, as the memory management can
request the buffers as it needs it, so if it wants to defragment it,
let it do it.

Regards,
Ulrich