Re: Some thoughts on MiNT - Virtual Memor Manager (VMM) needed !!!

Pereira Martins writes:

>  I can't make VMM driver too :-((( Perhaps somebody looks at linux and tries
>  to adapt it to MiNT & MTOS ???

Memory management is not an add-on; adding VM would require to rewrite
MiNT from scratch. (And don't tell me about Vram and Outside; since VM
is not part of the kernel, you will certainly have problems very soon.
Imagine, for instance, that an interrupt handler has been swapped out
and an interrupt occurs. Or, that the f_lock semaphore is set while a
major page fault occurs: immediate deadlock.)

>  Linux it's nice but I prefer MiNT :-)

Well, that's a choice, but probably not the good one if you want
efficient memory management (virtual memory, paging, demand loaded
executables, copy-on-write pages, shared libraries...) and
interrupt-driven drivers and filesystems.

Thierry.