Re: Splitting mintsourcen

What you wrote:

> I don't think it's necessary to split the MiNT source code up
> at this time (certainly not for 1.11, which is far too late
> already!)

IMHO, it needs it; casual hackers (is there such a thing?) like me might
be able to do more to help MiNT.  As far as I'm concerned, I've only ever
fixed one bug, and it took me a while to figure out where to put the fix
even though I knew exactly what was wrong.

> In fact, splitting the source code might actually make things
> *harder* to find; it's much easier to type 'fgrep foo *.[ch]'
> than to try to guess which directories might use foo...

egrep foo `find . -print | egrep \\.[ch]`?  ;-)  Actually, it'd really be
easier if you knew what sort of thing you were looking for.  It'd be faster
on wimpy machines (like my ST, with it's crappy Seagate hard drive), since
you'd have fewer files to search.

It'd be really studly to have complete up-to-date man pages for the MiNTlibs
too, but I'm dreaming now...  :)

--
Chris Herborth                    \`o.0'       herborth@53iss6.Waterloo.NCR.COM