Re: Slip

Howard Chu wrote:

> I also tried 115200 with poor results, but I'm not sure yet if the problem
> was the TT or the PC. I think the PC just has an 8250 ACIA instead of a
> 16550, so suffered buffer overruns at that speed. 56k worked OK though, using
> HSmodem on the TT. (That was easier than figuring out what to poke into the SCC
> to set the speed myself...)

Yesterday I had time to solder the nullmodem cable from my TT to my PC
(with 16550A of course). Until now I tried ZModem transfers under
SingleTOS and I got nice 11000 cps. But rz on the PC (running FreeBSD) got
30% CPU and the System about 20%. ;( I'll try zmrx/zxtx instead of
this braindead OMEN ZModem...

The TT did not run HSMODA04, since I only can use 499999(!) baud on
Serial2 together with CoNnect?! What's going wrong here?

Could you please tell me/us how to change the speed of Serial2 to 115200
or 57600 baud? Perhaps someone compiled GNU stty with the new termios.h?

Bye,
Knarf
--
    Frank Bartels    |      UUCP/ZModem: + 49 89 5469593       | MiNT is
knarf@nasim.cube.net | Login: nuucp Index: /pub/ls-lR.nasim.gz | Now TOS!