Re: Problems with cron port

Stephan Haslbeck <haslbecs@informatik.tu-muenchen.de> writes:

|> I once read a comment near the creation of the /etc/utmp-file
|> in an old mintos-suite, at the beginning of init.c:
|> It was something like "creat opens a file that never gets a length
|> greater 0 when writing to it", so it has to be done by unlinking
|> and re-creating it. Maybe this has something to do with my
|> problem? Seems to be a problem with the mintlibs.

No, this is a problem with tosfs.  GEMDOS does not update the size of
a file until it is closed.  Create the lock file on a minix file
system, and it should work.

--
Andreas Schwab                                      "And now for something
schwab@issan.informatik.uni-dortmund.de              completely different"