Re: Flags affected by add[aq]

> For example, using DevPac I wrote a sequence of instructions to test
> the theory that these instructions affect the condition codes. On stepping
> through them, *the condition codes did not change*!!!

So we have two contradicting test results? No, we haven't. I made
a mistake in my previous test. I recompiled it and can now confirm
Steve's results: addq.w does not change the flags. I also checked
my 68020 manual and it clearly states that addq does not change
the flags when used with an address register as its destination.
So I think we have ruled out this possibility.

> How are we sure that the problem is in proc.c? It's perfectly possible
> that the actual bug is elsewhere, but causes a fault only when a
> function in proc.c is executed...

Maybe there is another small difference between proc.c compiled with
2.5.8 and 2.3.3 that we haven't considered yet? Would someone post
the two assembler outputs, please?

Claus Brod, MDD, HP Boeblingen         Have you hugged your manager today?