Re: Files disappear

Chris Herborth (cherborth@semprini.waterloo-rdp.on.ca) wrote:

> [knarf's files are vanishing!]

idefix is not my machine. ;) But it's the same (yet unreleased) MiNT
distribution.

> So now I've got two directories with invisible files in them, that I
> can't delete.  fsck doesn't tell me anything bad about my filesystem, so
> maybe it's a bug in mintlibs and the fileutils port.  I think I'll see
> if the MultiTOS desktop can see any files in those directories.

I did not start up MultiTOS for weeks. But as I can see the files with
the mupfel's built in ls, it really seems to be a bug in minixfs or
MiNT. I don't beleive it's a bug in the fileutils-port, since neither
'echo *' nor tcsh's built in 'ls-F' see the files.

> I'm very glad to find out I'm not the only one who's experienced this!

Me, too! ;)

> BTW knarf, do you have UNIXMODE set to anything?  Mine is set to
> "/sbcurU".  I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

I've set UNIXMODE to "/brUs". What are `c' and `u'? I assume they are
only recognized by the braindead old GNU lib, right? None of my
executables are linked with the GNU lib (either recompile or throw
away them).

Bye,
Knarf
--
    Frank Bartels    |      UUCP/ZModem: + 49 89 5469593       | MiNT is
knarf@nasim.cube.net | Login: nuucp Index: /pub/ls-lR.nasim.gz | Now TOS!