BUGS

I'd like to report 2 bugs.  1 is in Minix, another in MiNT.  It would seem
that Minix will write out bad information when it runs out of space on
the hard disk.  It's as if the inode/zone/bitmap/whatever information
was updated, and then the write was attempted and failed .. but the
file system was never corrected - so I have zones going off the edge of my
hard disk, and fsck can't seem to remove the invalid zones, now will it
truncate the bad inode (too many zones).

The few times that I kinda got it working .. it saved the bad inode (39)
in my lost+found directory .. still linked to many bad zones and undeletable!
Anyone know where to get the HUSHI (or related) disk drivers?  And if it
supports the ICD Link?  I think I need a larger drive .. a SCSI.  And
if anyone knows any information (expecially US prices) on the Medusa or
GE Eagle TT Clone computers please email me ... it may be best to dump
everything and upgrade it all  at once (any used TTs?)

Now, my problem with MiNT is very weird.  I have a print spooler that reads
data from a pipe, and writes it to disk, and then reads it to disk and
spools it out to the printer in small chunks in the background.  Dev/PRN
is redirected to /pipe/prn from Mint.Cnf.  When the spooler starts, its
files have bad filenames (who knows where it gets this information from -
its a valid path, but I have no idea where the program got it).  I worked
like a dog trying to figure out where the problem was, and then decided to
try MiNT's debugging/tracing features.   The program works fine as long as
it starts with tracing on - I can then turn tracing off and it works great.
I'd be willing to send out the (as yet still pretty trashy and embarassing)
code if someone can figure out where the problem is.  I think it is a
race condition in the kernel though since the program forks itself, changes
process groups (likely not a good thing to do), and then kills its parent.

Any ideas?  Oh my Minix drive is working but I don't trust it as long as
that inode is bad .. and I'm afriad to reinstall my C compiler.

Thanks,
Evan Langlois