New maintainer for the curses library?

Dancer (dancer@ozspace.brisnet.org.au) wrote:
> On 13 Mar 1995, Frank Bartels wrote:

> > Anyone interested in supporting and improving the `curses/termcap'
> > library? I really don't like the terminfo stuff in ncurses, which is
> > needed for lynx and (the soon coming) ncftp2.

> 	I've been writing curses/termcap libraries for various platforms
> for quite some time. I'd be happy to.

I'm sure there are some patches for the latest PL16 around, but I
cannot find them right now. Those wo did any modifications to the
curses library should send them to the list now, in order to give
`dancer' (What's his realname?) a good starting point.

An alternative would be to have a look at the `new' BSD 4.4 curses or
modify the ncurses in order to use termcap instead of terminfo
(FreeBSD 2.0 has both, but I don't have the source here right now).

Bye,
Knarf
--
    Frank Bartels    |    UUCP/ZModem/Fax: + 49 89 5469593     | MiNT is
knarf@nasim.cube.net | Login: nuucp Index: /pub/ls-lR.nasim.gz | Now TOS!