mntlib46: system(), sysconf()

Hello,
first of all: thank's to those who worked at the MiNT lib project.
You have done a greate job by now!
I have two suggestions to make:

1) system()
What's the aim of the MiNT lib? To be as close as possible to
Unix-style libs? If so, system() breaks here! Why don't you
simply fork(), child calls `/bin/sh -c' with the argument and
parent waits (wait()) for termination?
I recognized this as I wanted to compile a Linux man-package.
man.c calls system() with something like:
`cd path1 ; comm1 file1 | comm2 | comm3 > file2'
By now this breaks! Ok, I wrote my own `mysystem()' and bind it to;
but maybe you (or me) can spend some work here?!

2) sysconf()
Compiling a programm, I wrote for my study, I recognized that
_SC_CLK_TCK is missing. I worte a patch for this and send it to
entropy. It's rather simple. sysconf(_SC_CLK_TCK) simply returns
CLK_TCK.

Bye Uwe.

Uwe Reder (Computer Science Student - University of Erlangen/Germany)  __o
e-mail: uereder@cip.informatik.uni-erlangen.de                       _ \<,_