Re: mntlib46: system(), sysconf()

Uwe Reder CIP 90 (uereder@faui01.informatik.uni-erlangen.de) wrote:

> 1) system()

I'm not sure about the final solution for system(), but we discussed
setting _PATH_BSHELL to "/bin/sh" in <paths.h> and use this then. If
that fails "C:\BIN\SH.TTP" will be used.

> I recognized this as I wanted to compile a Linux man-package.

I think you are talking about man-1.4c (which is used in some *beep*
distributions).

> man.c calls system() with something like:
> `cd path1 ; comm1 file1 | comm2 | comm3 > file2'
> By now this breaks! Ok, I wrote my own `mysystem()' and bind it to;
> but maybe you (or me) can spend some work here?!

Did you try to format a manual page if your screen is wider than 80
columns? If your mysystem() does not break then, I'd be happy to get
your code. ;)

> 2) sysconf()

is broken. As I remember, some parts have been fixed already, but
we're interested in suggestions from anybody who had problems using
sysconf().

Bye,
Knarf
--
    Frank Bartels    |    UUCP/ZModem/Fax: + 49 89 5469593     | MiNT is
knarf@nasim.cube.net | Login: nuucp Index: /pub/ls-lR.nasim.gz | Now TOS!