Re: gcc-2.6.3

Frank Bartels wrote:

> Michael Plonus (michi@pluto.ping.de) wrote:
>
> > I have uploaded my compilation of the gcc-2.6.3-mint sources to
> > ftp.germany.eu.net
>
> Hmm, just downloaded the stuff.
>
> I don't think it's a good idea to put the system's standard compiler
> under /usr/local.

According to Atari, the system's standard compiler is Lattice C.
I suppose that Michael and all other developers on this list have
correctly installed that one as /usr/bin/cc. I can imagine though,
that some MiNT based distributions would prefer not to include
Lattice C. :-)

> And as gcc is our default compiler, I vote for the
> following (4.4BSD style) pathnames:
>
> /usr/bin/cc
> /usr/bin/gcc [symbolic link to /usr/bin/cc]
> /usr/bin/cpp [a shellscript executing the real cpp]
> /usr/libexec/cpp
> /usr/libexec/cc1
> /usr/libexec/cc1plus

Looks fine for a distribution that ignores the standards set
by Atari. ,-)

Waldi