virtual consoles

I managed to install the binary of the virtual console program (whoa..)
but it's kinda annoying the way it forces all consoles to have a white
background. I can run my own black.ttp software to make the background
black but that only works properly for con00 (or whatever the 'first' one
is). I can run it on the other ones too, but when I switch back to them
the background is switched back to white. Anything I can do about this?

                **           Kristoffer Lawson          **
                **     krlawson@xgw.fi, Setok on IRC    **
                **             Organizations:           **
                **         for more information:        **
                **         kasvua@freenet.hut.fi        **