Re: Problems with the mintos distribution

On Fri, 5 May 1995, Michael Wray wrote:

> If someone could state the specifics on getting TAR (in the Mint
> Directories, I believe the Gnu Port, 1.11> ) to work with Mint I'd
> definitely be interested. I know the command parameters, I just need to know
> who and where it is allowed to be used and how do I make it work on
> installing Tar'd packages.  Sometimes I get lucky and it'll work

I DLed tar from some ftp site and have never had any problems at all
untarring files whatsoever. I use 'tar -xvf <tar packet>' which works
fine. Your problem sounds quite strange though *shrug* :)

                **           Kristoffer Lawson          **
                **     krlawson@xgw.fi, Setok on IRC    **
                **             Organizations:           **
                **         for more information:        **
                **         kasvua@freenet.hut.fi        **