Re: AES 4.1 in color Fails with all mh versions

On Sat, 17 Jun 1995, Matija Grabnar wrote:

> I just got AES 4.1 (no flames please, I'll buy it if it becomes available)
> It works perfectly in monochrome, however, if I start it in colour it
> crashes. The only way to make it work, is to run Multitos with original
> MiNT 1.12. I tried mh-mint-12h2, h3 and freemint, and they all crashed
> with new AES in colour (tested with 16 colors on 4MB, TOS 4.04 Falcon)
> The symptoms are more or less the same - seconds after the boot is completed
> (and the mouse is slightly moved) the mouse disappears, and the whole system
> jams tight.

I mailed to the list some months ago with the same problem, which I found
existed when MiNT was not compiled with -DMULTITOS. Some people were not
able to reproduce it so nothing was done at the time, but I have exactly
the same setup as this guy and exactly the same problem, so it could be a
clash with TOS 4.04.

Could I ask whoever's managing FreeMiNT/NetMiNT in the future for the
standard binaries to be compiled with -DMULTITOS in future? I have found
no problems using my binaries compiled this way with single-tasking GEM or
a full MiNTOS setup, so I can't see what harm it's going to do.

In the meantime, Matija, I have a -DMULTITOS compiled MH-MiNT 1.12h2 for
68000 on my WWW page (URL below) and I can mail you 1.12h3 compiled for
68030 if you want. I haven't got enough space for a full MiNT gcc setup as
well as my Linux/68k setup ATM (maybe later in the summer if I can earn
enough money for a nice 1Gb SCSI-II drive) so I can't do any newer
versions until then.

ATB,

Martin

* - <A HREF="http://www.dur.ac.uk/~d408x2";>WWW Home Page </A> - *