GCC 2.6.x with a non-standard file hierarchy

Hello there.  For a time, I was running a gcc-2.3.3 cross-compiler on a Sun
4.1.2, until it got deleted.  When it came time for me to re-compile one,
I thought it would be a good idea to use a more "modern" version.  I
built gcc-2.6.1 with Andreas Schwab's m68k-mint target.  However, I can't
seem to coerce cgcc to recognize the different file hierarchy.

Rather than the /path/lib/target/version/lib, etc, etc, etc, etc..., I chose the
old /path/bin, /path/include, and /path/lib hierarchy.  The trouble with
this is that cgcc can't find cpp or cc1, unless I put /path/lib in my
.cshrc.  Is there some way I can make my set-up more robust?  (i.e. not
have to take /path/lib out of .cshrc every time I want to compile natively)

Also, I've been away from the list for a while.  Is there a gcc-2.6.3
target available?

Jim Baumgardner (jbaumgar@bronze.coil.com)
"There's nothing more dangerous than a wounded mosquito." - Eric Idle