Re: Mint runs on new platform!

On Fri, 1 Sep 1995 Michael Hohmuth wrote:

> thanks for your interesting report on VMiNT/VTOS!

> Could you make the VTOS sources freely available?  Just in case
> someone wants to start a free TOS for STonX or something...  (Not that
> I would have the time to do it, but... ;-)

I will be making the VTOS sources available to anyone who wants them.
It will take a couple of weeks for me to rustle up some documentation
and tidy up some of the messier bits and pieces. Watch this space...

> Also, how dramatic are the changes to FreeMiNT?  Would it be sensible/
> desirable to incorporate them into the main source tree?

It's probably not worth incorporating into the main tree; the hardware
is a bit too esoteric for that! Most of the big changes are in main.c,
bios.c, biosfs.c and memprot.c so if ever they were merged, it
wouldn't be too big a job; I've been fairly careful to #ifdef VMINT
every change I've made. For the time being, it's probably best if I
make a diff file and distribute it on demand from here.

Cheers, Steve