FreeMiNT, minix partitions and executables

Hi all,
       Just a quick observation I have noticed when moving to
       freemint.  Executables on minix partitions have to have
       there executable bit set (even for root).  This is as
       expected for normal users but this is different behaviour
       from my early mint kernel.  Is this a new feature or has
       a bug crept in?

       Also thanks to Dan Ackerman my GemMail is now available
       on aaue so go get it and give me feedback.  My next
       incarnation will tidy up the code (I have alread started)
       and combine the two parts.  However, can somebody tell me
       what will happen if I fork a Gem application.  Will the
       child be recognised as a gem application without an
       explicit appl_init (I doubt it) and when I kill the child
       process should I just exit or do the usual appl_exit
       stuff?

                          Andrew Colvin
apc@raleigh.zynet.co.uk                  root@raleigh.zynet.co.uk