Re: AUTOFIX patch and a question

Waldi Ravens (waldi@moacs.indiv.nl.net) wrote:

> Bad solution. Many people (at least everyone who installed KGMD)
> have a line `cd u:\' in MINT.CNF, this change is intended to be
> very permanent (if you wonder why, then you probably never heard
> about UNIX).

Correct. We should make this change as permanent as possible by removing
those stupid drive letters. Nothing should be mounted by default, instead
something like this would be nice:

# I don't want the floppy mounted.
# map a: /floppy
map c: /gemdog
# d: also not mounted
map e: /rootfs
map f: /usr
map g: /home
map h: /var

[yes, this can be done by using the `ren' command, but not mounting
the floppy is still not possible.]

sln ./rootfs/etc /
sln ./rootfs/root /

[...you get the idea...]

I think this would be easy to implement, at least much easier than a
real mount.

Bye,
Knarf
--
  Frank Bartels   |UUCP/ZModem/Fax: + 49 89 5469593| "Captain, why not just
 knarf@camelot.de |  http://www.camelot.de/~knarf/ | give the Borg Windows?"