Re: AUTOFIX patch and a question

Sorry about sending an un-edited version of this to everyone (and two to
Jens!); I just sneezed tea out of my nose (!) and slipped on the
keyboard while I was still stunned.  :-)

What you wrote:
> > ... even though I loose the ability to start any auto folders
> > programs after MiNT.
> Just make a symbolic link from u:\auto to c:\auto - and your auto
> folder programs will easily start after MiNT.

Instead of messing around with symlinks and things, how about an AUTO=
variable in mint.cnf that defaults to C:\AUTO?  I don't think this would
be too bad... people with complex setups (ie, that don't boot from C:)
would be able to set this to their real AUTO folder and all would be
well.

But what about people that don't boot MiNT from AUTO... will they
suddenly get two copies of certain binaries loading?  Or is there
already a check for that?  (Proably... shows how long it's been since I
looked at the MiNT startup code).

--
Chris Herborth, R&D Technical Writer       Arcane  Dragon     chrish@qnx.com